Research Data Management (RDM) in the Life Sciences: From writing DMPs to Lab Practices to RDM support
Date and venue: 08.06.2021; 10:00 – 11:30 online
Target audience: researchers in the life science, data support staff & the interested public
Applying „good“ Research Data Management (RDM) practices and writing a Data Management Plan (DMP) according to the FAIR principles have become new requirements in the everyday scientific work for today´s researchers.
This webinar will introduce you to the topic RDM & the FAIR Data Austria project. The Austrian Science Fund FWF will inform you about their general requirements on writing DMPs for a research project and you will get some insight in RDM Lab Practices from a researchers view in the life sciences. Last but not least you will get to know the services & people behind the RDM-support-units at the three BioTechMed-Graz Universities.
A DMP is THE essential tool for RDM and helps with planning the research process. It is a (living) document that describes how research data for a project will be created, managed, stored, shared and preserved, justifying any restrictions that have to be applied. In addition to the benefits of having a DMP, funders – such as the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) – increasingly require (mandatory) DMPs and sharing of research data according to the so-called FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable) principles as funding criteria.
Please note that the event will be recorded and made publicly available afterwards.
- Opening: VR Caroline Schober, Chair of Executive Committee BioTechMed-Graz
- RDM & FAIR Data Austria: Ilire Hasani-Mavriqi, TU Graz Head of RDM Team
- The FWF Data Management Plan: Katharina Rieck, FWF Open Science Managerin
- The Necessity for RDM in Computational Protein Design: Gustav Oberdorfer, TU Graz, Institute of Biochemistry, Research Group Protein Design
- RDM Support at BioTechMed-Graz Universities: Sarah Stryeck (TU Graz), Christian Kaier (Uni Graz), Therese Macher (Med Uni Graz)
Moderation: Peter Schaffer, Med Uni Graz
Video recordings and slides of the webinar “RDM in the life sciences”, Med Uni Graz, 8.6.2021.