CLOUD NATIVE LABS IN THE AUSTRIAN OPEN CLOUD COMMUNITY
Time and place: 12.1.2023, 10:00-12:00 am, online
Target groups: Researchers, Lecturers, Students and interested public
Registration is required for participation (see below).
The Austrian DataLAB and Services (ADLS) Project and its emerging long term platform, the AustrianOpenCloudCommunity (AOCC), presents their first releases: Cloud native labs can be used in research as well as teaching and have therefore become a widely used tool in academia regardless of the field. Jupyter is one possibility and we will answer the following questions:
- What and for whom is Jupyter?
- Why do we need Jupyter to teach our students and what are the benefits for research?
- What is Kubernetes and why is it a good choice for Jupyter?
- What is Openstack and why is it a good choice for Kubernetes?
- How can researchers/universities benefit from this in the long run?
- What is already working? – What are we planning to do next?
Find out more on the webpage https://webportal.dev.austrianopencloudcommunity.org
- General overview
- Live demonstration on our implementation
The team of the Austrian Datalab and Services project
The event series “Research Data Management in Austria” is aimed at researchers and / or people involved in research support and serves to promote networking and exchange on the topic of research data management, writing a data management plan and similar related topics.
The event will be recorded. This recording will then be publicly available on the FAIR Data Austria website and in openly accessible repositories. If you do not want your video and audio recordings to be published, you can turn off both your camera and microphone during the entire event.
You will receive the link for dialing in via email before the event. There is a limited number of places, so please register by
January 11th, 2023 at the latest.